3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
˝" piece ginger, minced
˝ tsp turmeric
˝ tsp chili powder
˝ tsp coriander powder
˝ tsp cumin seeds
˝ tsp sugar
1 tbsp ghee
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed vessel and add jeera.
- Add garlic, ginger and onion and sauté until onion turns light brown.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, salt, sugar and the spices.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure-cook for one whistle. In case of open-cooking, cook until potatoes are done.
- Mash 2-3 pieces of potatoes and integrate them into the gravy.
- Serve hot with rotis or parathas.
Similar Recipes:Aloo Palak DalKadhi PakodaBaingan Bharta (Eggplant Relish)Rajma MasalaPalak Paneer (Spinach Curry w Cottage Cheese)Matar Paneer