2½ cups Vermicelli
1 small onion, chopped
½" piece ginger, finely chopped
1 green chili, chopped
Split & cleaned black gram dal (white udad dal)
½ tsp mustard seeds
4 tbsp cashewnuts
6-8 curry leaves
Freshly grated coconut
- If the vermicelli is not the pre-roasted kind (the white one), dry-roast it in a pan until light brown, with constant stirring.
- Heat oil and add mustard, onion, ginger, curry leaves and green chili.
- Cook on low flame until onion becomes transparent.
- Add cashewnuts and stir till crisp.
- Add the vermicelli and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water to just cover the surface of the vermicelli and add salt.
- Cover and cook on low heat until done
- Serve hot garnished with freshly grated coconut.
Similar Recipes:Akki RotiTomato OmeletteMavinakayi Chitranna (Mango Chitranna)Lemon Rice (Chitranna)Tamarind Rice (Puliogare)Paddu (Appe)Karnataka Sambar